As a business owner, your number 1 goal is to build your brand. To be clear, I don’t mean developing only a logo. Here are 5 things to consider when building your brand.
1. Your brand starts with your purpose. What are you here to do? Your business should have a purpose for existing. Without it, you will struggle to find the energy required to build a strong brand capable of getting you to achieve your BHAG – Big Hairy Audacious Goal.
2. Your BHAG or Mission should be a measurable yet a stretched target of accomplishment for your business in the next 5 to 10 years. Purpose and Mission work hand-in-hand to deliver not only a defined pathway of success for your business, but establish a culture that not only connects with your target audience, but also internally within your team.
3. Building a talented team for your business is critical for your ability to grow and scale efficiently, but this is only achievable if they share a common purpose and are onboard with the business mission. Hiring your team based on this will encourage more talent to your business and help you scale quickly.
4. Culture – Having the previous 3 steps aligned will make sure your building a brand with strong foundations and as a natural consequence create a culture in your business that will become the hallmark of your brand.
5. Your logo and collateral need to reflect the purpose and vision. Developing a brand identity that reflects who you are as a business and that resonates with both your prospective customers and your team internally is where the magic lies. When getting your logo and identity created be sure that the design agency take the time to understand who you are as a business and where you are heading.
A brand founded on these principles will equate to rapid growth and increased profits.